Schools - San Diego CA
San Diego has much to offer its residents and visitors: almost perfect year-round weather, some of the best views of the ocean and tons of great places to feed your taste for good food. Among these great things, you can also count on San Diego having great schools for your children. Read on to find out more about San Diego schools with the second half of this article is an overview of San Diego school district boundaries.
As a parent, there are so many things you have to consider before moving to a new area.
What kind of neighborhood will you live in?
How close will it be to the school?
Is it a good school district?
How are the schools rated?
For many families, this means finding a home in a certain neighborhood that will allow your child to go to the school of your choosing. Most of the public schools in San Diego are grouped into the San Diego Unified School District. In special cases, an application can be made for your child to attend a different school based on the following:
- Magnet (applying to a school with a specialized focus or theme)
- VEEP (applying to a school to participate in an exchange program)
- PISC (applying to go to a better school)
- Open Enrollment (applying in hopes you will get in based on availability)
- Chartered School (applying to be in a unique learning environment)
There are hundreds of schools, both public and private that make up the San Diego School system including 42 school districts, 119 charter schools, and five community college districts in San Diego County. A full list of San Diego County School Districts can be found here along with contact information for each district and its Superintendent.
The Schools in San Diego
Many of the schools in San Diego are rated high according to Zillow and Great Schools with the highest rated schools being, Del Mar Union Elementary, Rancho Santa Fe Elementary and Solana Beach Elementary School District being rated 10, according to Zillow and Willow Grove Elementary, Creekside Elementary, Curie Elementary and Deer Canyon Elementary also being rated 10, according to Great Schools. A full list of the schools and their ratings can be found here.
San Diego Gold Ribbon Schools
The state Department of Education recently designated more than 20 schools in San Diego County as “Gold Ribbon Schools.” This honor replaces the previously named California Distinguished Schools program.
2017 San Diego County Gold Ribbon Schools:
- Norman A. Sullivan Middle School, Bonsall Unified School District
- EJE Academies, Cajon Valley School District
- Aviara Oaks Middle School and Calavera Hills Middle School, Carlsbad Unified School District
- Classical Academy High School and Del Lago Academy — Campus of Applied Science, Escondido Union High School District
- Fallbrook High School, Fallbrook Union High School District
- Grossmont High School and Santana High School, Grossmont Union High School District
- River Valley Charter School, Lakeside Union School District
- Del Norte High School, Mt. Carmel High School, Oak Valley Middle School and Rancho Bernardo High School, Poway Unified School District
- San Marcos High School, San Marcos Unified School District
- Bonita Vista High School, Eastlake Middle School, Otay Ranch High School and Rancho Del Rey Middle School, Sweetwater Union High School District
- Mission Vista High School and Rancho Buena Vista High School, Vista Unified School District
List of Preschool, Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, and High School For The Following Cities:
Click Here For the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP)
San Diego Community Colleges
District Boundary Assignments
US News High School Rankings Find exact school district assignment info for any US home. It allows users to identify the school district a home falls within in San Diego County. The search tool also supplies the school assignment for a home address, with a filter for elementary, middle and high schools, along with the assigned school's test rating for 55% of districts. The test ratings are compiled from education.com's School Finder tool, which rates the school's standardized test scores relative to those of others in the school's state.
The following districts offer Attendance Boundary information online:
- Cajon Valley Boundary Information
- Del Mar Union Boundary Map
- Escondido Union Elementary Boundary Maps
- Grossmont Union High School District Boundaries
- La Mesa-Spring Valley Enrollment & Boundaries
- National City School District Boundary Map
- Poway Unified School District Boundary Information
- Oceanside Unified School District School Boundaries
- San Diego Unified School District Boundary Maps
- Vista Unified School District Boundary Maps
- Carmel Valley School District Boundary Maps
- San Dieguito Union High School District
Need More Information on San Diego Schools?
If you’re thinking of moving your family to San Diego, you can rest assured that San Diego’s school system is constantly focused on empowering the young minds of our futures by using innovative ways to teach our children.
For more information on San Diego and the surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to contact Aumann Bender & Associates. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to help you find the home that best suits the needs of you and your family.