San Diego Real Estate For Sale
Renowned for its beautiful landscape, truly exceptional weather and plethora of unparalleled real estate options, living in San Diego is a dream of many. Whether you’re looking to relocate to the area, want to purchase a vacation home along the coast or are simply moving across town, understanding the San Diego real estate market and its offerings is a great place to start!
With so much to offer, the San Diego real estate market is quite diverse. It is comprised of a variety of neighborhoods and communities, housing styles, price points and more. North County San Diego offers many spectacular luxury properties and no areas typify luxury more than La Jolla, Del Mar, Coronado, and Rancho Santa Fe. These four areas offer prime San Diego real estate from the ranch to the beach.
San Diego is one of the safest cities in California. As the second largest city in the state and the 8th largest city in the U.S., that is saying a lot. According to San Diego crime statistics, property damage is the most prevalent crime in the area and even property damage is 15 percentage points below the average of any other city in California.
While living in San Diego can be quite expensive compared to other parts of the country, the economy is stronger, the education system top rated, and the housing market is more stable compared to other parts of the country. When you add the unbelievable weather and wealth of amenities, there is hardly a better place to live anywhere.
Besides boasting neighborhoods brimming with top quality San Diego real estate, the community also offers a wonderland of recreational activities including:
- Picturesque Nature Trails
- Prime Surfing
- Local Fishing Spots
- Coastal Views
- Leisurely Sailing
- Hang Gliding off the Bluffs
Currently, the median home value in San Diego hovers around the $500,000 mark, although prices vary drastically depending on location, age and size of the home, proximity to the ocean, amenities and more. If you’re interested in a specific San Diego neighborhood, the Aumann Bender & Associates team encourages you to contact them so they can provide you with up-to-the-minute neighborhood pricing.
Nearly everyone in San Diego will tell you they have met at least one person who came to San Diego for a visit and never left. It is easy to understand once you see this extraordinary city in person.
If you are in need of a seasoned real estate with intimate knowledge of the San Diego real estate market, you can count on our team Aumann Bender & Associates to be your guide. Learn more about our team and the real estate in San Diego by connecting with us today. We are always just a phone call or website inquiry away, and look forward to sharing their knowledge and experience with you.
Welcome to luxurysocalrealty.com, your one-stop source for San Diego CA, luxury real estate.
We have invested deeply to provide the most innovative search technology available, by creating the ultimate resource for local real estate with a focus on lifestyle search for dream homes and luxury condominiums in all neighborhoods. We also have recently updated San Diego market data statistics for every community.
If you are moving to San Diego you'll want to take a look at our Ultimate Relocation Guide. Our community searches will keep you up to date with the latest properties in the San Diego, neighborhood you are interested in. Get local by researching walk score, local public & private schools, and neighborhood information. We specialize in the most walkable neighborhoods in San Diego. Take a look at our article on 12 Things Buyers Should Know About Home Inspections for an overview of important independent inspections to consider when buying a luxury property. Be sure to check out our Film Collection with lifestyle property promotions and community highlights. Your home has a story. Aumann Bender & Associates utilizes high-quality film to sell your home sharing your home's story globally. Call us now to find out more!
Connect with us on Social Media!
San Diego Homes For Sale
Newest MLS Listings!
Or, use our Community Guide to browse San Diego neighborhoods and subdivisions to help you in your search for San Diego real estate listings. Bookmark your community of choice to see which properties have an Open House each week.
Find San Diego Real Estate Sorted By Lifestyle
Choosing a real estate agent is hard enough when you’re buying or selling your home, but when we talk specifically about the luxury home market in California, it is imperative that you have the right team on your side who understands what it takes to buy or sell in this fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing market. During your buying or selling process, there are many details which affects the turbulence encountered in every transaction. When looking for the right agent to buy or market and sell your luxury home, there are a few things you should consider before picking your realtor.
Finding the best San Diego REALTORS®
#1 Market Share and Affiliations
An important area to research includes whether your agent has access to the greatest number of customers in your marketplace. Do they represent a large portion of the target buyers who would be interested in purchasing a luxury property? Take a look at any affiliations the agent has. Do they have access to special marketing programs? Are they members of the local broker associations? Memberships, credentials and affiliations add credibility to your agents track record of success.
#2 Market Knowledge and Skills
Does your agent understand the intricacies of the luxury market? The right agent should have a history of working with HNWI (high net worth individuals) and be knowledgeable about the upper tier market. The right luxury agent will be more knowledgeable about luxury real estate and have a solid track record of success. This can be a clear indicator of a market savvy agent. Ask yourself, “Does this agent have the resources and skills to help me achieve my real estate goals?”
#3 Public Relations and Digital Marketing Strategy
It is important when selling your luxury home that the agent has the network to reach the right audience. By having a larger team or individual digital presence, an agent is able to expose property in front of more potential buyers than their colleagues working for the same brokerage. Recent advances in real estate technology brings new and innovative ways to buy and sell real estate with VR.
#4 Rapport and Communication
The process of buying and selling your home can be a stressful one. It is important that you and your agent have an open and honest line of communication. This means that the agents understands what you expect from them and you understand what they expect from you.
Take a moment to register for a free account to receive email notifications whenever new homes for sale come on the market that match your wish list, and save your favorite properties for quick and easy access whenever you need. With a Property Organizer account, you'll be among the first to know about the newest homes listed for sale in San Diego, CA.
San Diego Housing Market Trends & Statistics 2017
- The price range of houses for sale in San Diego County is $157,500 to $85,000,000 with a median price of $1,150,000, median interior of 2668 sf and median land size of 10823 sf.
- The median price of houses sold in San Diego County year-to-date (Jan - May 31, 2017) is $665,000. In previous years it was $635,000 (2016), $600,432 (2015), $575,000 (2014), $518,285 (2013).
- 3712 houses have sold in San Diego County year-to-date (Jan - May 31, 2017). In previous years, the total number of houses sold were 3856 (2016), 3814 (2015), 3554 (2014), 4162 (2013).
- On average San Diego County houses were on the market for 40 days before they were sold (Jan - May 31, 2017). In previous years it was 42 days (2016), 51 days (2015), 50 days (2014), 58 days (2013).
- The average days on market for San Diego County houses before sold were 36 days April 2017 compared to 38 days April 2016.
- The ratio of San Diego County houses sales price vs list price were 97.3% April 2017 compared to 96.7% April 2016.
- 889 houses were sold April 2017 compared to 931 houses sold April 2016.
- The total dollar volume of houses currently for sale in San Diego County is $4,283,359,680 and the sold dollar volume year-to-date (Jan - May 31, 2017) is $3,344,096,019. In previous years sold dollar volume was $3,343,987,252 (2016), $3,231,981,447 (2015), $2,794,129,233 (2014), $2,916,210,435 (2013).
- The most recent sale in San Diego County was a house located at 17146 El Mirador in Rancho Santa Fe, sold for $2,698,000 on 5/31/17. It had 5956 sf of interior. Recent sales include 3242 Talbot in Point Loma (1188 sf) sold for $835,000 on 5/31/17, 181 Mission Oaks Rd in Fallbrook (2818 sf) sold for $625,000 on 5/31/17, 4953 Lamia Way in Oceanside (2341 sf) sold for $600,000 on 5/31/17, and 1801 Amalfi Dr in Encinitas (1860 sf) sold for $1,050,000 on 5/31/17. • The most expensive homes sold year-to-date (Jan - May 31, 2017) were 6106 Camino De La Costa in La Jolla (6163 sf) sold for $12,000,000 on 2/3/17, 16568 La Gracia in Rancho Santa Fe (8251 sf) sold for $10,600,000 on 4/6/17, and 8470 El Paseo Grande in La Jolla (2805 sf) sold for $10,000,000 on 4/7/17.
- 306 of the houses for sale have ocean views, 860 have single story and 598 have master bedroom on 1st floor and 239 have swimming pools
Data from SANDICOR, Inc. for (date) through (date) and represents properties listed or sold by various brokers.