La Jolla Real Estate Agents
Welcome to luxurysocalrealty.com, your one-stop source for La Jolla CA, luxury real estate.
Looking to buy a home in La Jolla, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, and beyond? You've come to the right place! Search luxurysocalrealty.com for all San Diego real estate for sale listed by members of the Greater San Diego Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service. Sandicor, and has one of the most modern, and user-friendly home search features of any San Diego real estate website serving home buyers and sellers. We have invested deeply to provide the most innovative search technology available, by creating the ultimate resource for local real estate with a focus on lifestyle search for dream homes and luxury condominiums. We also have recently updated San Diego market data statistics for every community. In 2017 Forbes listed San Diego as the 3rd Coolest American City.
If you are moving to San Diego you'll want to take a look at our Ultimate Relocation Guide. Our community searches will keep you up to date with the latest properties in the San Diego, neighborhood you are interested in. Get local by researching walk score, local public & private schools, and neighborhood information. We specialize in the most walkable neighborhoods in San Diego. Take a look at our article on 12 Things Buyers Should Know About Home Inspections for an overview of important independent inspections to consider when buying a luxury property. Be sure to check out our Film Collection with lifestyle property promotions and community highlights. Your home has a story. Aumann Bender & Associates utilizes high-quality film to sell your home sharing your home's story globally. Call us now to find out more!
San Diego Home Search Site Features Include:
- Daily updates on all listings - if it's listed in Sandicor, it's HERE!
- Save searches for homes and return later to see updates
- Search by City, Neighborhood, or lifestyle home features
- Extremely fast search results & listing info updated several times a day!
- Fully "responsive" website - great for viewing on mobile phones or tablets
Connect with us on Social Media!
San Diego Homes For Sale
Newest MLS Listings!
Or, use our Community Guide to browse San Diego neighborhoods and subdivisions to help you in your search for San Diego real estate listings. Bookmark your community of choice to see which properties have an Open House each week.
Find San Diego Real Estate Sorted By Lifestyle
Choosing a real estate agent is hard enough when you’re buying or selling your home, but when we talk specifically about the luxury home market in California, it is imperative that you have the right team on your side who understands what it takes to buy or sell in this fast-paced, demanding and ever-changing market. During your buying or selling process, there are many details which affects the turbulence encountered in every transaction. When looking for the right agent to buy or market and sell your luxury home, there are a few things you should consider before picking your realtor.
Finding the best La Jolla REALTORS®
#1 Market Share and Affiliations
An important area to research includes whether your agent has access to the greatest number of customers in your marketplace. Do they represent a large portion of the target buyers who would be interested in purchasing a luxury property? Take a look at any affiliations the agent has. Do they have access to special marketing programs? Are they members of the local broker associations? Memberships, credentials and affiliations add credibility to your agents track record of success.
#2 Market Knowledge and Skills
Does your agent understand the intricacies of the luxury market? The right agent should have a history of working with HNWI (high net worth individuals) and be knowledgeable about the upper tier market. The right luxury agent will be more knowledgeable about luxury real estate and have a solid track record of success. This can be a clear indicator of a market savvy agent. Ask yourself, “Does this agent have the resources and skills to help me achieve my real estate goals?”
#3 Public Relations and Digital Marketing Strategy
It is important when selling your luxury home that the agent has the network to reach the right audience. By having a larger team or individual digital presence, an agent is able to expose property in front of more potential buyers than their colleagues working for the same brokerage. Recent advances in real estate technology brings new and innovative ways to buy and sell real estate with VR.
#4 Rapport and Communication
The process of buying and selling your home can be a stressful one. It is important that you and your agent have an open and honest line of communication. This means that the agents understands what you expect from them and you understand what they expect from you.
Take a moment to register for a free account to receive email notifications whenever new homes for sale come on the market that match your wish list, and save your favorite properties for quick and easy access whenever you need. With a Property Organizer account, you'll be among the first to know about the newest homes listed for sale in San Diego, CA.
San Diego Real Estate Market Trends & Statistics
- The price range of houses for sale in San Diego County is $69,000 to $44,975,000 with a median price of $779,000, median interior of 2329 sf and median land size of 14382 sf.
- The median price of houses sold in San Diego County year-to-date (July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017) is $610,000. In previous years it was $565,000 (2016), $530,000 (2015), $499,900 (2014), $475,000 (2013).
- 12,282 houses have sold in San Diego County year-to-date (July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017). In previous years, the total number of houses sold were 12,998 (2016), 12,440 (2015), 11,262 (2014), 12,172 (2013).
- On average San Diego County houses were on the market for 33 days before they were sold (July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017). In previous years it was 37 days (2016), 40 days (2015), 46 days (2014), 45 days (2013).
- The average days on market for San Diego County houses before sold were 37 days December 2017 compared to 42 days December 2016.
- The ratio of San Diego County houses sales price vs list price were 98.5% December 2017 compared to 99.1% December 2016.
- 1,681 houses were sold December 2017 compared to 1,992 houses sold December 2016.
- The total dollar volume of houses currently for sale in San Diego County is $4,389,197,601 and the sold dollar volume year-to-date (July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017) is $10,757,092,783. In previous years sold dollar volume was $9,241,672,995 (2016), $8,347,165,682 (2015), $7,320,993,121 (2014), $7,578,182,543 (2013).
- The most recent sale in San Diego County was a house located at 2155 Crenshaw Street sold for $407,000 on 12/31/17. It had 1072 sf of interior. Recent sales include: 3134 Franklin Ave (1656 sf) sold for $338,000 on 12/30/17, 2794 Island Ave (1380 sf) sold for $549,900 on 12/29/17, 931 Masters Dr (2344 sf) sold for $557,000 on 12/29/17, and 1133 Coyotes Way (2148 sf) sold for $710,000 on 12/29/17.
- The most expensive homes sold year-to-date (July 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017) were 16568 La Gracia in Rancho Santa Fe (8251 sf) sold for $10,850,000 on 12/12/17, 106 13th Street in Del Mar (2300 sf) sold for $10,000,000 on 8/21/17, 365 Pacific Ave in Solana Beach (3840 sf) sold for $9,500,000 on 8/17/17, 14385 Cypress Point in Poway (19,573 sf) sold for $8,800,000 on 12/29/2017, and 4908 Crystal Drive in Pacific Beach (3791 sf) sold for $8,450,000 on 12/20/2017.
- 296 of the houses for sale have ocean views, 1,425 are single story, 778 have a master bedroom on the first floor, and 735 have swimming pools.
Data from SANDICOR, Inc. for July 1st 2017 through December 31st 2017 and represents properties listed or sold by various brokers.
Renowned for its beautiful landscape, truly exceptional weather and plethora of unparalleled real estate options, living in San Diego is a dream of many. Whether you’re looking to relocate to the area, want to purchase a vacation home along the coast or are simply moving across town, understanding the San Diego real estate market and its offerings is a great place to start!
With so much to offer, the San Diego real estate market is quite diverse. It is comprised of a variety of neighborhoods and communities, housing styles, price points and more. North County San Diego offers many spectacular luxury properties and no areas typify luxury more than La Jolla, Del Mar, Coronado, and Rancho Santa Fe. These four areas offer prime San Diego real estate from the ranch to the beach.
San Diego is one of the safest cities in California. As the second largest city in the state and the 8th largest city in the U.S., that is saying a lot. According to San Diego crime statistics, property damage is the most prevalent crime in the area and even property damage is 15 percentage points below the average of any other city in California.
While living in San Diego can be quite expensive compared to other parts of the country, the economy is stronger, the education system top rated, and the housing market is more stable compared to other parts of the country. When you add the unbelievable weather and wealth of amenities, there is hardly a better place to live anywhere.
Besides boasting neighborhoods brimming with top quality San Diego real estate, the community also offers a wonderland of recreational activities including:
- Picturesque Nature Trails
- Prime Surfing
- Local Fishing Spots
- Coastal Views
- Leisurely Sailing
- Hang Gliding off the Bluffs
Currently, the median home value in San Diego hovers around the $500,000 mark, although prices vary drastically depending on location, age and size of the home, proximity to the ocean, amenities and more. If you’re interested in a specific San Diego neighborhood, the Aumann Bender & Associates team encourages you to contact them so they can provide you with up-to-the-minute neighborhood pricing.
Nearly everyone in San Diego will tell you they have met at least one person who came to San Diego for a visit and never left. It is easy to understand once you see this extraordinary city in person.
If you are in need of a seasoned real estate with intimate knowledge of the San Diego real estate market, you can count on our team Aumann Bender & Associates to be your guide. Learn more about our team and the real estate in San Diego by connecting with us today. We are always just a phone call or website inquiry away, and look forward to sharing their knowledge and experience with you.
Buying Luxury Real Estate in San Diego: Then and Now
When the California Association of Realtors conducted a survey to learn more about the clients of Realtors® who had closed million dollar properties, here is an overview of what they found:
- Most buyers of luxury real estate in San Diego were looking for a bigger home. • On average luxury homebuyers were 53 years of age.
- Almost half of luxury homebuyers in San Diego were single.
- Nearly 75% of luxury homebuyers in San Diego hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- The majority of luxury real estate buyers in San Diego were looking for homes with an ocean view.
- More than 90% of luxury properties were marketed through an MLS.
- And over 40% of luxury home buyers preferred a home on a hilltop.
With those numbers in mind, how are buyers of luxury real estate in San Diego managing in today’s market? We have put together an analysis of the current luxury market in San Diego to offer our recommendations for what luxury buyers can expect when searching for top dollar properties today.
Current Sales & Price Statistics by the California Association of Realtors
San Diego as a Buyer’s Market
It’s hard to imagine how much the housing market has changed over the last few years. When the housing market bottomed out, it left a wake of destruction in its path. Similar to other locations across the country, San Diego was clearly a buyer’s market. However, think about what the market looked like just before the collapse. Before home prices began their rapid decent in 2007, prices for homes doubled in value for six years. Once the collapse began, the foreclosure crisis hit California homeowners hard and is still affecting the overall price of homes today in many areas. Still, compared to what preceded the current housing market, the numbers look very good for sellers. On the other hand, buyers are seeing home values up to nearly 60% more than what they were before the collapse when adjusted for inflation.
San Diego as a Seller’s Market
San Diego housing market has – overall – become a seller’s market. So much so, discussions of another housing bubble are beginning to take hold. This also takes into consideration the fact that while unemployment has dropped dramatically over the last few years, incomes are not keeping pace with rising home prices. Last month the appreciation of homes was up across the board including median price, average for sale price, and average sold price. Homes are spending fewer days on the market and the sold-to-list price ratio is on the rise. Even still, the C.A.R. study found that buyers of luxury real estate in San Diego are optimistic about both long and short term possibilities in the real estate market.
Luxury San Diego Real Estate Prices are on the Rise
Based on these facts, many insiders believe that if you are in the market for luxury real estate in San Diego, now is the time to get in. It is clear that home prices are going to continue to rise. It is going to get harder and harder to find good deals for high end real estate. Inventory versus demand is a large factor in rising home prices:
- Inventory is still low in San Diego.
- Pending foreclosures are skewing the market.
- Demand is heating up.
- And first time buyers are reticent to get into the market.
Finding Luxury Real Estate in San Diego
If you have been contemplating buying luxury real estate in San Diego, now is the time. Our team of real estate experts is standing by to assist you in finding your dream home. Reach out to us now to discuss your options. We look forward to hearing from you soon and to discussing your specific real estate goals. Connect Today!